[CT Birds] MDC Lands

paul cianfaglione pcianfaglione at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 16 12:13:02 EDT 2010

I echo many of Paul Carriers sentiments regarding the possible public closure to all MDC property. First, I'd like to say that the jury is solely to blame for such a ridiculous decision in this particlar incident. Second, what really needs to magnified here is the Town of West Hartford's failure to protect open space. For years the town has relied on the MDC (for free!) for it's citizens outdoor recreation and for advertising the use of the land to help lure new residents. Meanwhile, the town has continued to developed every piece of land available and are now finishing off whats left on Avon Mountain. Any decision now and in the future to close access to the land will certainly be a big blow to all residents and people who love the reservoir. This should be a wake up call to all towns in Connecticut on the fence about preserving open space. Poor planning by towns like West Hartford reduce the quality of life for all.

Paul Cianfaglione

Former resident of West Hartford