[CT Birds] Seabird and Whale Tale Excursion on Sept 12, Plymouth, MA

Carol Carson krillcarson at mac.com
Sun Jul 18 08:21:13 EDT 2010

Seabird and Whale Tale Excursion
Sunday, September 12, 2010
10 am to 6 pm

Join us for an all day, marine wildlife cruise to support marine
education and wildlife conservation. The New England Coastal Wildlife
Alliance (NECWA) with assistance from Captain John Whale Watching and
Fishing Tours, Mass Audubon South Shore Sanctuaries, Natural History
Services, South Shore Bird Club, and Bridgewater State College are
hosting the Spring 2010 edition of a fundraising event called Seabird
& Whale Tales.

During our excursion offshore, enjoy commentary from our wildlife
experts including Wayne Petersen (MA Audubon Society), David Clapp
(Natural History Services), Joanne Jarzobski (Captain John Whale
Watching and Fishing Tours) and Jim Sweeney (South Shore Bird Club).
Travel aboard the “Tails of the Sea”, a 110’ luxury commercial whale
watching vessel owned and operated by Captain John Whale Watching and
Fishing Tours out of Plymouth, MA. View seabirds, seals, whales,
dolphins, basking sharks, ocean sunfish and more.

Leave from the Plymouth Town Pier at 10 am and return by 6 pm. Trip
activities include a plankton tow and demonstration, chumming for
seabirds and a free onboard nature-themed raffle.

Tickets: Pre-Sale $90 and then $100 after August 31, 2010. To learn
more about this trip or to download the registration form, go to

Or for more information, call Krill Carson at 508-566-0009. Space is
limited so register early. Group rates also available.  All proceeds
from our Seabird & Whale Tale excursions go to support the many
projects and activities conducted by NECWA, a registered 501(c) 3 non-
profit organization.  Two of our main projects are an internship
program for high school and college students and a community sighting
network (NEBShark.org) for basking sharks and ocean sunfish.

Special Hotel Offer from Hampton Inn & Suites, Plymouth, MA
Stay at Hampton Inn & Suites in Plymouth Saturday night for only $89
plus tax.  Included is Hampton's "On the House Hot Breakfast" on
Saturday morning as well as shuttle bus service to the boat!  Call
Hampton Inn & Suites at 1-508-747-5000.

Thank you, Carol “Krill” Carson
Middleboro, MA
President, NECWA