[CT Birds] Hermit Thrushes Rule!

Dana Campbell dana.l.campbell at gmail.com
Sun Jul 18 23:32:37 EDT 2010

I totally agree, Paul.  I have always found the Hermit Thrush song the most
beautiful and haunting of all our thrushes.  Many of my friends favor the
Veery, and I also love the Wood Thrushes, but the Hermit Thrushes really
know how to work the acoustics of the woodlands.  Just hearing them sing has
got to have healing powers.  It certainly delights the soul.

Dana Campbell, Priest in Charge
Church of the Good Shepherd, Hartford
dana.l.campbell at gmail.com

"The hummingbird in flight is a water-spark, an incandescent drop of
American fire, the jungle's flaming re'sume', a heavenly, precise rainbow:
the hummingbird is an arc, a golden thread, a green bonfire!"
--from Ode to the Hummingbird
  by Pablo Neruda