[CT Birds] Great News for Conte!

COMINS, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Fri Jul 23 17:13:06 EDT 2010

Yesterday, the US House Interior Appropriations Subcommittee approved $6 million in Land and Water Conservation Funds (LWCF) for additions to the Conte Refuge in CT, MA, NH and VT. Thanks to the overwhelming response of supporters like YOU, more than 300 people contacted their lawmakers to urge LWCF funding for Conte.  With this House vote, we are halfway toward permanently protecting critical sites within the Connecticut River and Long Island Sound Watersheds!

Please take a moment to send a thank you to your representatives - especially our Appropriations Committee members Congresswoman DeLauro (CT-3) and Congressman Olver (MA-1). To find your member, go to: http://www.house.gov/.  Click on the "Write Your Representative" icon in the upper left corner and use the form that appears to send a quick: "Thank you so much for supporting $6 million in Land and Water Conservation Funding for key additions to the Silvio O. Conte National Fish and Wildlife Refuge in [name of your state]."

We still need to make sure that the Senate approves LWCF funding for Conte, so if you haven't already done so, there is still time to contact your senators and thank them in advance for supporting this critical funding. Senators Lieberman, Dodd, Shaheen, Kerry, and Leahy have already requested LWCF funding for Conte so they deserve special thanks! To find you Senators, go to: http://www.senate.gov/.  Select your state from the drop down list in the upper right corner and use the links to your senators' web contact information to send a quick: "Thank you for supporting $6 million in Land and Water Conservation Funding for key additions to the Silvio O. Conte National Fish and Wildlife Refuge in [name of your state]."

Last, but not least - THANKS SO MUCH to all of you who helped us reach this important milestone along the path to permanent land protection in the Connecticut River Watershed. You did a great job!

Patrick

Patrick M. Comins
Director of Bird Conservation

Audubon Connecticut
185 East Flat Hill Road
Southbury, CT 06488

Phone: (203)264-5098 x305
or 203-267-6732 x305
Fax: (203)264-6332

<http://iba.audubon.org/iba/viewState.do?state=US-CT>http://iba.audubon.org/iba/viewState.do?state=US-CT

Please help Audubon secure additional funding for our Gulf response efforts.
Visit http://www.takepart.com/membersproject/vote.
Register. Then, vote for Audubon today and once a week through August 21!