[CT Birds] Hermit thrush song heard last night in Washington, CT, it's GREAT!

John D Babington davewb07 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jul 19 11:02:42 EDT 2010

While I like a number of bird songs I agree with Paul Carrier that the hermit
song thrush is special. While sitting on our front porch here last night, just
as it was getting dark, I heard a hermit thrush below the house in the woods.
The hermit thrush came fairly close to the house, no doubt attracted to the bird
bath on one side of the house. For such a "plain" looking bird the hermit thrush
as one great song.

David W Babington
Washington, CT