[CT Birds] Fw: thrushes

Carrier Graphics carriergraphics at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jul 19 15:03:17 EDT 2010

So true David.

Its really up to the listener and what special bird songs bring up to them that
counts. We are all made and composed so differently. I feel an up lifting
emotional state whenever i hear the hermit, just as you do the wood thrush. I
think all the thrushes songs bring out the emotions in us. Special birds to be
sure. I remember the Wood thrush's song so well growing up in the hills of West
Hartford. When I moved here to Harwinton many years later, I heard the Hermit
Thrushes song for the first time while back packing the wilds of Barkhamsted and
Nepaug areas. bedding down for the night to the Hermit Thrushes song was a
spiritual thing for me, and that's what sets his song apart from all the others.
Still does to this day..............

Wow - we sure hit an emotional high here, for I have received so many personal e
mails regarding bird songs and what they mean to each of us.

Thanks for the many replys all.............Paul  Carrier