[CT Birds] Favorite bird song(s)

Jamie Meyers ctredbird2 at comcast.net
Mon Jul 19 19:24:35 EDT 2010

One cannot go wrong with any of the thrushes, and if I had to vote I'd go with the Hermit but just barely.  It's interesting to hear the tropical nightingale-thrushes, which have similar songs.  Simply ethereal.  However, IMHO no discussion of amazing bird song is complete without at least giving some love to the Winter Wren and his liquid performance.  I have been birding recently in the Berkshires, where these guys are more common as nesters, and am stopped every time by this song.  I also love how these generally shy birds are often teed up on top of some snag while delivering the goods.

Jamie Meyers <=== sad that the woods are getting quieter now
Canton, CT