[CT Birds] Bird songs

David Carey careydavid at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 20 08:24:06 EDT 2010

As with most sounds (and smells) they have a great deal to do with evoking
memories of great experiences.  Mine comes from Lake Winnipesaukee (back in the
50's) and another lake in far northwestern Quebec.  The haunting sound of Loons
calling to each other across the lake on a still dark night is my favorite.  I
can't get to those lakes very often now, but thanks to modern technology I can
hear my loons everytime my 'crack' berry rings.

All bird songs are pretty and amazing (to come from such little wonders), but
the Loon is my favorite.
Captain Dave