[CT Birds] Black-billed Cuckoo, Boston Hollow 7-20-10

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Tue Jul 20 19:52:32 EDT 2010

I had my first Black-billed Cuckoo in Boston Hollow  today.  He surprised
me by suddenly starting to sing after I had been  in 1 spot for 15 minutes.
Has a bit of an unsuual song -- a lot of  his strings were 6 cuckoos long
-- I usually only hear 3 or 4.  I got  a great look at him, but i will have
warbler neck for a week.  He was  straight up from me.  Here's a link to a
recording of his song, as usual  with jets in the background.
I'm trying to get some new stuff on my blog - lots of sound  files to send.
 Hopefully very soon.

Don Morgan,  Coventry

"Think, every morning when the sun peeps through
The dim, leaf-latticed windows of the grove,
How jubilant the happy birds renew
Their old, melodious madrigals of love!"
H.W.  Longfellow