[CT Birds] hummingbird & bee balm question

Jo-Anne Roberts jmrcnslt at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 20 21:00:24 EDT 2010

I deadhead AFTER the flower has completely withered. You will see that there are no more petals on the head of the flower. I cut back to the first set of leaves.  Monarda will send up new shoots, which you may already see forming, and will usually rebloom in the fall. Flowers may not be as large as they are in the summer, but providing the HB the energy they need for their long journey.
Jo-AnneMansfield Center