[CT Birds] Insect Voices

Robert Mirer D.D.S. robert.m.mirer at snet.net
Wed Jul 21 13:06:27 EDT 2010

In response to Andy's note, here in South Windsor the average first time for Dog-day Harvestflies (cicadas) to start singing is mid-July. Last year's earliest date was July 19th.This summer they starting cranking it up on June 25th!
The katydids usually start up in early August. Last year's earliest date was Aug. 10th. This season, my first record was July 16th! I've had the same thought as Andy. I figured somebody was going to post on this topic pretty soon.

Rob Mirer
South Windsor