[CT Birds] Take action with one click tonight or tomorrow to help conserve key habitat along the Connecticut River

COMINS, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Wed Jul 21 17:40:05 EDT 2010

Dear CT Birders:

Please take action tonight (Wed) or tomorrow morning to help secure funding for the Conte Refuge.  Not only willl this ensure funding to protect land in Connecticut in the Salmon River Watershed, but also some critical bird habitat in Northern New England and prime grassland habitat in Massachusetts.  Please forward this to anyone who you know who might be able to take action, as we need as many people as possible to weigh in.  You just need to add your contact information and it will go to your representative and senators.  You can customize the letter as well.

Critical Vote for Conte National Fish and Wildlife Refuge Tomorrow!

There will be an important vote in the U.S. House of Representatives TOMORROW, Thursday July 22, on funding to add key habitat areas to the Conte National Fish and Wildlife Refuge in CT, MA, NH, and VT. Each year, Congress uses Land and Water Conservation Funds (LWCF)—money from offshore gas and oil leases—to add new land to our National Wildlife Refuge System. This year, President Obama recommended $6 million in LWCF funding for the Conte Refuge. Now, we need your help to ensure that the House and Senate support this funding so that critical sites within the Connecticut River and Long Island Sound Watersheds can be permanently protected. Please take a moment to contact your U.S. Representative and Senators. Thank them for their strong support of the Conte Refuge, and urge them to approve the recommended $6 million in LWCF funding for Conte. Without these funds, key acquisition opportunities may be lost!

Thank you so much.

Patrick M. Comins, chairman FOC Executive Committee
Director of Bird Conservation

Audubon Connecticut
185 East Flat Hill Road
Southbury, CT 06488

Phone: (203)264-5098 x305
or 203-267-6732 x305
Fax: (203)264-6332

Please help Audubon secure additional funding for our Gulf response efforts.
Visit http://www.takepart.com/membersproject/vote.
Register. Then, vote for Audubon today and once a week through August 21!