[CT Birds] Canoe Tour Birds at Milford Point

peeplo at aol.com peeplo at aol.com
Sat Jul 24 12:28:52 EDT 2010

Hi all,

It was great to get out on the water today before it got too hot. Our group of paddlers saw a nice variety of waders as we toured the creeks and channels of the Wheeler Saltmarsh.  Hightlights included 8 Yellow-crowned Night-Herons, including 3 young of the year, 10 Great Egrets, 6 Snowy Egrets, 1 Great Blue Heron (it's been around all summer), 1 Glossy Ibis, 16 Osprey, 8 Common Terns,10 Marsh Wrens, including one singing from the top of the grasses, a Saltmarsh Sparrow, and many migrating swallows. We have another tour going out tomorrow morning at 10:30 a.m. There are spaces available, so if you're interested in joining us, please call and register today at 203-878-7440 before 4 p.m. See you soon.  Frank Gallo