[CT Birds] Red breasted nuthatch

Carrier Graphics carriergraphics at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jul 25 16:11:38 EDT 2010

Today had 2 Red-breasted Nuthatch in yard.
They will nest occasionally within two miles of my yard here in Harwinton.

For any Lepidopterology people out there, a question.

I have many flowering plants in my yard, and they attract many varieties and
numbers of insects, butterflies and hummingbirds. This past week my very large
bed of MINT has been flowering, attracting high numbers of insect species as
well as butterflies. Many of the butterflies are of the smaller varieties, but
are always present, and usually in numbers.

Question: Is the mint a good attracting plant for butterflies? From what i am
seeing, it tops all the others here in a big way.

Paul Carrier