[CT Birds] COA Memberships

Tina and Peter Green petermgreen at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 27 15:10:10 EDT 2010

Dear CT Birding Community,

 This is a friendly reminder to those who may have forgotten to renew their membership to the COA,CT Ornithological Association, and to those folks who have meant to join, but kept putting it off. Now's the time to do it and here's some reasons why.

 The COA hosts CT Birds which is used daily(hourly for some) for rare bird sightings,news and discussions important to the birding community. It publishes the highly regarded,The Connecticut Warbler,four times a year as well as the newsletter,COA Bulletin. An organ of the COA,the Avian Records Committee of Connecticut (ARCC),maintains the official state list of bird species and adjudicates submitted records of species new or rare in Connecticut. Each year the COA Annual Meeting is held to present educational and entertaining programs by regional and national speakers and various workshops and lectures are held throughout the year for members and the general public such as the upcoming Shorebird and Tern Workshop on August 22nd.The COA is also your voice in advocating important issues that affect the entire birding community.

 The upcoming issue of The Connecticut Warbler will be mailed out in the next few weeks and you won't want to miss it. Yes,I am a COA board member,but,I'm appealing to all as a fellow birder. I feel strongly about supporting this organization and I hope you will also. Now's the time to send off your check or use paypal on the COA website, www.ctbirding.org ,and support the COA. Join now!

Many thanks,Tina Green

Westport