[CT Birds] RB nuthatches again at Boston Hollow, Ashford/Union

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Tue Jul 27 15:44:04 EDT 2010

Today I found two apparent  adult RED-BREASTED NUTHATCHES about 200 yards
from the spot I found 2 juvies last week.  Comments on the  habitat and
location on my blog.  There  are still a lot of birds in  the woods there, but
most all have stopped singing, and you have to work hard or  be very lucky to
find them.
Don Morgan,  Coventry

"Think, every morning when the sun peeps through
The dim, leaf-latticed windows of the grove,
How jubilant the happy birds renew
Their old, melodious madrigals of love!"
H.W.  Longfellow