[CT Birds] Downy woodpecker

lisagagnon37 at yahoo.com lisagagnon37 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 27 18:56:48 EDT 2010

Lisa east hampton 7/ 27. I had a young downy show up here today, landed on the pole that has the suet feeders slid down the pole to the ground flew off to the fence and did the same thing again. Before it figured out how to get on the suet. Numerous butterflies and moths on bee balm and butterfly bush. And also noticed some small family groups of grackels and robins moving around. 3 hummers 2 f & 1 m. The 2 f are in chase mode. And about 12 different kinds of dragon flies and damsal flies. I also decided not to fight the bees ect so they now have there own feeder area. Good birding and nature watching everyone. Lisa.