[CT Birds] Large falcon in Middlebury Park Road

Anne bunnie88 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 27 23:07:24 EDT 2010

I'm very new to this.

My question is I spotted and can post the picture I took with my cell phone, a huge and I mean huge falcon type bird on the telephone wire
between Straits Turnpike and the golf course entrance on Park Road on
pond side.   I thought too big for Cooper hawk  I do not believe Gyrfalcon would be in climate this hot.
Would another type of falcon, say Merlin be that big?  White and red markings, but a big as a huge owl.  Unperturbed by fairly heavy gtrffic
passing by.

Anne