[CT Birds] Swallow movement?

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Wed Jul 28 16:52:14 EDT 2010

Late this morning and early this afternoon I noticed a large  number of
swallows circling high over a stream bottomland area.  Many were  several
hundred feet high and none less than perhaps 100 feet.  As far as I  could tell
they were all Tree Swallows.  In this same area I have been  noticing that I
hardly ever saw a swallow for the last couple of months.  I  would  estimate
that I saw at least 100, probably more.  Do  swallows start to move this
time of year?
Don Morgan,  Coventry

"Think, every morning when the sun peeps through
The dim, leaf-latticed windows of the grove,
How jubilant the happy birds renew
Their old, melodious madrigals of love!"
H.W.  Longfellow