[CT Birds] Swallow movement?

Greg Hanisek ghanisek at rep-am.com
Wed Jul 28 17:10:49 EDT 2010

Hello Don,

Swallows are early migrants and also stage at good feeding areas right after
nesting is over. They're definitely on the move in July. I was at a place in
New Hartford over the weekend that had about 70 fresh (dug this year) Bank
Swallow burrows in a big sand pile. The bird were all gone already. I've
been seeing Bank Swallows along the coast for a few weeks, which is pretty
normal for this time of year..