[CT Birds] FROM MASSBIRD: 10 year old piping plover - wow!

martin swanhall mswanhall at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 28 17:36:35 EDT 2010

10-yr-old Piping Plover documented at Plymouth Beach today. After 3 days of
observations w spotting scopes we have read the band number! (1401-71431)
Banded as a chick at Cedar Road South Beach in New Brunswick on June 22,
2000. Recaptured in 2002 & 2003 at nests in Newfoundland. Thank you Ian
Davies for nailing down the numbers, Sidney Maddock for attempting to read #
in photos, Tom Sayers for attempting to get photos, and everyone else who
corresponded with me.

Please visit our website about conserving coastal birds:

Scott Hecker, Executive Director                   Telephone: (781) 934-5500
Goldenrod Foundation                                    Fax: (781)934-0826
33 Railroad Avenue                                          Mobile: (781)
Duxbury, MA 02332