[CT Birds] Thanks Scott

Jim Pfeifer Jim.Pfeifer at erm.com
Mon Aug 2 11:01:46 EDT 2010

I have a large (35 feet) Mimosa Tree in my yard in Somers, and Sunday morning @ 6:30ish I had a single Magnolia Warbler feeding in the tree.  The bird appeared to be feeding on the flowers??  I have not heard of warblers feeding on Nectar, but not sure.  I also assume this is an early migrant, as I am not aware of them nesting in the immediate area.

Jim

James L. Pfeifer, LEP
Senior Project Manager
Environmental Resources Management (ERM)
77 Hartland Street, Suite 300
East Hartford, Connecticut 06108
860-466-8515 - Office
860-466-8501- Fax