[CT Birds] White tailed kite-YES

Katz1449 at aol.com Katz1449 at aol.com
Mon Aug 2 11:02:38 EDT 2010

8/2  Stratford,
8:45AM-9:10AM  Great views of the white tailed kite.  It flew  around, did
air flutter, came down and later landed in a tree and posed  beautifully.
It is a life bird for me.  Thank you to Pat & Jim (I think-my  memory is
getting awful), for the use of their scope-I had wonderful views of  the kite.
9:30AM-10:15AM  I made a stop at Milford Point and saw 4 Purple  martins,
1 Juvenile yellow crowned night heron, a flock of semi-palmated  plovers,
black ducks and 3 Oystercatchers out on the sound side. Ospreys were  out in
all their glory.
Bev Propen, Orange