[CT Birds] Magnolia Warbler in Mimosa

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Mon Aug 2 17:04:36 EDT 2010

I cannot speak to Somers nesters vs migrants, but I can  tell you that I
saw a Magnolia Warbler last Friday in Union, and heard  2 more the same day.
Those birds have been there all summer, so I am  certain they  nest and
breed there.   That's probably about 15  miles from Somers, but I don't know
whether there is similar habitat there.

Don Morgan,  Coventry

http://birdingnect.blogspot.com/

"Think, every morning when the sun peeps through
The dim, leaf-latticed windows of the grove,
How jubilant the happy birds renew
Their old, melodious madrigals of love!"
H.W.  Longfellow