[CT Birds] White-tailed Kite - some more...

twan leenders tleenders at ctaudubon.org
Mon Aug 2 21:09:00 EDT 2010

I just wanted to add that the kite left it's tree top hideout around 5:30PM and came back to Stratford Point, to the delight of several patient observers still present. It put on quite a show dodging and hovering as it was being harrassed by numerous Common Tern. It was still there when I left around 6PM. Let's hope it sticks around for a bit. The odds seem pretty good. I'll try to post some more pictures on the CAS blog (ctaudubon.blogspot.com) later.

Twan Leenders
Conservation Biologist
Connecticut Audubon Society
2325 Burr Street