[CT Birds] WTKite Monday pm behavior

julian hough jrhough1 at snet.net
Tue Aug 3 09:36:10 EDT 2010

Just to add that at 6:15pm the kite was perched in the favored conifer, viewable
from the small pull-off parking spot adjacent to the gate to Stratford Point.
Views were good, but the bird is skittish and soon flushed with the arrival of a
car. It flew out of sight, presumably to the tree in which it had apparently
spent much of the day resting.

At approx. 6:40pm, Paul Fusco and I observed the bird from Stratford Point
distantly flying high to the north, up the Housatonic until it was lost from
sight and didn't return until we left a little after 7pm.

Julian Hough
New Haven, CT