[CT Birds] Milford Point

peeplo at aol.com peeplo at aol.com
Tue Aug 3 20:40:59 EDT 2010

I went out after work to have another look for the White-tailed Kite that had been sitting on the outer bar at Milford Point earlier today.  Although I saw it around 4 p.m. it was back in Stratford eating a vole when I walked out around 6 p.m.  However, there were 4 Red Knots in alternate plumage, 4 Short-billed Dowitchers, 1 Ruddy Turnstone, 29 Black-bellied Plovers, at least 900 Semipalmated Sandpipers, 45 Semipalmated Plovers, 350 Common Terns and 11 Laughing Gulls, two of which were fresh birds of the year.  Earlier in the Day a Royal Tern, Black Skimmer, and Peregrine were seen, as well.  Frank Gallo