[CT Birds] White-tailed Kite Yes

Darryl Rathbun rathbun at gmail.com
Wed Aug 4 19:13:31 EDT 2010

>From Darryl Rathbun (and many other observers):
08/04/10 - Stratford Point, Stratford CT -- The White-tailed Kite made an
appearance around 6:30pm flying overhead, hovering over the marsh for no
more than 30 seconds, diving for prey, and coming up with a catch.  It
proceeded to head to the west end of the Stratford Point property (old gun
club) and landed on top of a low pine tree to devour its prey.  We all
watched for about 15 minutes until the meal was gone.  After sitting there
for another 5 minutes, it flew off WNW.  That is when I left, so others can
pick up from there.

To the people from Rhode Island:  you should have stayed an extra 20