[CT Birds] WT Kite back to Short Beach

kbosch at gmail.com kbosch at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 10:18:47 EDT 2010

Sorry for already a 4th email but the WT Kite has flown back to Short Beach from Stratford Point. I figured it would return to the point and it did, putting on a show for us. I now figure it'll stay over there for a while, or be largely quiet in this hot muggy day. The best times, as always, are in the early morning and evening.

FYI the gate may not be open much today as most of us will not be at Stratford Point. You can park outside in the dirt pulloff and walk down the path near it to the beach, which is a fine viewing area.

Stratford Point had/has other nice birds including 2 Bobolink, 3 Orchard Oriole, 2 Purple Martin, 1 American Kestrel, 1 Peregrine Falcon, 1 Green Heron, and other migrants such as House Wren, Yellow Warbler, Eastern Kingbird, etc. I will put up more info and pictures to the CAS blog later.

Scott Kruitbosch

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T