[CT Birds] White-tailed Kite

louise tucker louise40pt at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 6 20:03:14 EDT 2010

I saw the White-tailed Kite for about 30 seconds Thursday evening from outside the fence.  I had a nice view of him hovering, ready to  to pounce., then he disappeared.  I couldn't figure out how to access the beach at first. I waited with a small group until approximately 7:30 pm with no further views of the bird. On the way back to the parking lot, we had a great, close view of a Whimbrel flying along the beach.
I had every intention of getting a few hours of sleep, getting up really early,  arriving in Stratford at dawn the next morning.  That didn't work out, and I got there after  10:00 pm. I didn't see the Kite, but we had an unexpected visit from  a Prairie Warbler who rested on the wire for a moment, then disappeared. I left the Point about 12:30 as I thought we might have a storm.

Louise P. Tucker
Enfield