[CT Birds] White-tailed Kite at Short Beach in Ailanthus Tree

Steve Mayo rsdmayo at sbcglobal.net
Fri Aug 6 21:13:11 EDT 2010

Ouch.  I was probably one of those birders.  If this hadn't been so frustrating today, it would have made a great Benny Hill or Monty Python skit.

The good news is that many people had distant looks at this bird (albeit, sometimes briefly and from different locations), throughout the day.

I'm hoping to join the carnival again tomorrow.  Birder coverage should be excellent.

Steve Mayo
Bethany