[CT Birds] W-T Kite 8/6, 6:30pm

Frank Mantlik mantlik at sbcglobal.net
Sat Aug 7 06:22:45 EDT 2010

I saw the White-tailed Kite Friday 8/6 from about 6:25 - 6:40pm.  While many
were waiting at Stratford Point, I decided to have a look at Short Beach.  The
kite was across the river atop two cedar trees out on the Milford Point dune
(beyond the last beach houses).  It then took flight, flying north upriver.  I
then re-spotted it flying and hovering on the Stratford side, in the vicinity of
the field and trees east of Sikorsky Airport and south of the old Army Engine
Plant (along Rt. 113, Main St.).  The last I saw it was working it's way west.
 Subsequent searches for it from Access Rd. and the Airport entrance were
I assume it went to roost for the night, or perhaps with the fresh NW wind,
maybe it decided to move on (hopefully not).

Frank Mantlik