[CT Birds] Milford Point - Red Knot and Willets

John M. Oshlick joshlic at earthlink.net
Sat Aug 7 11:51:21 EDT 2010

Milford Point (high tide) - 1 red knot, 2 willets, one appeared to be a juv
 eastern willet, it was not much larger than the BB plovers. The other bird
 appeared to be a western willet. It was huge! It was nearly as tall as the
 oystercatcher and RB Gull that it stood next to. It also seemed to have a longer

I stopped by the stratford marina. The LB dowitcher appeared to still be present.
 It was tucked and sleeping so I can't say that it was the LB for sure but it had
 faded breeding plumage similar to the LB dowitcher that I saw there last week.

John Oshlick