[CT Birds] Please report Milford Point Birds in Bird Log by Front door

peeplo at aol.com peeplo at aol.com
Sat Aug 7 12:26:55 EDT 2010

Hi All,
I'm so happy the Kite stuck around until the weekend so that those coming from great distances can have a chance to view it. I'm even more excited that it's spending time at Milford Point, my home turf.  I would like to extend an invitation to all birders to come into the Connecticut Audubon Coastal Center, use the restrooms, check out our exhibits, view the marsh through our picture windows, and our nesting osprey via our webcam/TV trained on the nest. When you do visit, I have a quick request. We are compiling a bird list for the point and I would really appreciate it if folks would take the time to enter ALL their sightings in either of our bird logs. One is by the front door (for when we're closed), the other is inside near the exhibit room.  Posting to e-bird is also greatly appreciated. Also a quick reminder; the "Plover Bar" the highest sandbar east of the observation platform overlooking Long Island Sound is closed at or near high tide to allow shorebirds to rest and feed without being disturbed. We're asking birders and fishermen to avoid walking out the bar at these tides, and we thank you for your cooperation. Remember, the beaches east of Francis Street are private.  Good birding!   Frank Gallo, Director of the Connecticut Audubon Coastal Center.