[CT Birds] Fwd: RFI Yellow Rail Report

Mardi Dickinson mardi1 at optonline.net
Mon Aug 9 01:12:20 EDT 2010

Roy, Frank M et all,

After our ears perked up about hearing of the possible Yellow Rail on Sat., Towny & I stopped by the Nursery Sat afternoon on 8/7 on our way up to see the WTKite again.

On location at the Nursery, we search around for any sign of such bird to no avail. This does'nt mean that its not possible anything is. We did not find any such bird.

As you will see in my response to Jeffery Davis below, who also responded to the list.

I also suggested as Frank did, that it might be more likely to be a juv Sora Rail that would seem to be inline rather than a Yellow Rail.

I strongly suggest that Mimi Dekker take photos if she can.
Towny & I are availible and would be happy to go by with cameras in hand and help assist & verify the bird first thing tomorrow morning. Let us know or we may just stop by.

Mardi Dickinson
mardi1 at optonline.net
@MardiWD - Twitter

Begin forwarded message: