[CT Birds] More like a Juv Sora Rail

Mardi Dickinson mardi1 at optonline.net
Mon Aug 9 09:40:39 EDT 2010

Birders et all,

I Just s/w Mimi Dekker. Mimi asked me to post this information. She
has not seen the bird so
far this morning and will be in-touch and notify if it returns.

Mimi said with further study from books and talking with others that
the bird is more likely
to be a juv SORA RAIL than what they initially thought. Mimi described
to me the  behavior was
like a rail but she said the color pattern was more like a juv SORA
RAIL NOT like a Yellow Rail.
Mill Pond is across the road from the Nursery and mostly likely
wandered over from Mill Pond.

Thats all I know but wanted to get the info out ASAP. If I hear
anything further I will contact
and post further infomation.

Cheers,
Mardi Dickinson