[CT Birds] Cedar Waxwings in a Box???

jayne.amico at cox.net jayne.amico at cox.net
Tue Aug 10 16:28:08 EDT 2010

 Very few birds are born naked, no downy feathers at all. Did the young have downy fluff on head, back or wings?

Cedar waxwings are born naked like house sparrows and woodpeckers. They also have a key characteristic to the inside of their mouth which is easily seen when they r gaping for food. There is a vivid purple mark line on both sides of the birds mouth.

 BTW I would be tickled pink to host waxwings in a nest box!!!!!

Typed without glasses, hope it is not too messy!
--
Jayne

Jayne Amico
Southington, CT