[CT Birds] Pelican picture/story

Scott Kruitbosch kbosch at gmail.com
Tue Aug 10 21:51:14 EDT 2010

Here is a decent shot I got of the Brown Pelican along with a bit of the
story: http://ctaudubon.blogspot.com/

In an earlier email I listed some of the observers that saw it at Stratford
Point. A few more of our friends spotted it from Short Beach and in Milford.
I will be at Stratford Point early tomorrow in hopes of finding the Brown
Pelican or Black Tern and, of course, seeing the White-tailed Kite for
another day. Come on down! It could be seen in Milford from Stratford Point
with a good scope because of its size, and this was in fading light, so even
if it is not close it is still a good viewing spot. In speaking to Nick
Bonomo earlier we both thought the pelican would remain in the area
overnight. Fingers crossed for all three tomorrow!

--
Scott Kruitbosch
Stratford, CT