[CT Birds] Pelican picture/story

Scott Kruitbosch kbosch at gmail.com
Tue Aug 10 21:51:14 EDT 2010

Here is a decent shot I got of the Brown Pelican along with a bit of the
story: http://ctaudubon.blogspot.com/

In an earlier email I listed some of the observers that saw it at Stratford
Point. A few more of our friends spotted it from Short Beach and in Milford.
I will be at Stratford Point early tomorrow in hopes of finding the Brown
Pelican or Black Tern and, of course, seeing the White-tailed Kite for
another day. Come on down! It could be seen in Milford from Stratford Point
with a good scope because of its size, and this was in fading light, so even
if it is not close it is still a good viewing spot. In speaking to Nick
Bonomo earlier we both thought the pelican would remain in the area
overnight. Fingers crossed for all three tomorrow!

Scott Kruitbosch
Stratford, CT
Connecticut Audubon Society