[CT Birds] Brown Pelican Last Seen flying east at 8 pm.

peeplo at aol.com peeplo at aol.com
Tue Aug 10 23:05:24 EDT 2010

Vanessa, Daniel, and I viewed the Brown Pelican from just west of Walnut Beach. It was catching fish along with Common Terns about a mile off shore just west of Charles Island from about 7:40 to 7:57 p.m. It then flew east low over the water, crossed in front of Charles Island, and then headed over the trees toward Milford Harbor, perhaps to roost in the area. Nick did not see it in the harbor or east of it.  I'd try east of Gulf Beach in the morning.. New Haven Harbor might be a good place to start... Frank Gallo