[CT Birds] Mansfield Center - hummingbird wars

Jo-Anne Roberts jmrcnslt at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 11 10:10:25 EDT 2010

I noted a few weeks ago someone posting a note about the lack of hummers. I've been inundated with them this year. I have at least 6 females, 1 male that are fighting over 6 feeders (one is a mobile with 3 glass orbs). There is a female that loves to sit on the top of that feeder and chase off every other hummer. Although occasionally there will be 4-5 feeding from the 3 orbs on this particular feeder. In previous years I've only had 2-3 hummers, so I'm delighted that they have decided to spend the summer with me.
Jo-Anne Mansfield Center