[CT Birds] Radar is ALIVE with birds

Roy Harvey rmharvey at snet.net
Wed Aug 11 21:24:33 EDT 2010

A quick look at the radar tonight and it appears to be alive with birds.  Or bugs.  Or something.  I'm assuming it is birds.

The entire coastline of CT is heavy.  From around Stamford into Rhode Island there is a band of deep blue (on the radar I am looking at it is blue) extending from the coast to as much as 20 miles (estimated) inland.  Checking the direction, the motion in CT appears to be along that same east/west follow-the-coast axis.  Reading which way on that axis is confusing, but I would assume it is all westbound.

I don't know if it will last all night, but I have to wonder what the hot corner at Bluff Pt will be like in the morning.

Roy Harvey
Beacon Falls, CT