[CT Birds] Long-billed Dowitcher yes

peeplo at aol.com peeplo at aol.com
Wed Aug 11 22:14:15 EDT 2010

We stopped by the marina on our way to Stratford Point and the Long-billed Dowitcher was feeding on the mudflats. It flew out calling Kik, kik, kik, kik..  and headed towards the flats on the Milford side of the river.  There were also 3 Yellow-crowned Night-Herons, 3 Greater Yellowlegs... and a very large rat that swam the channel...  The Kite was at the point and I managed several nice shots of it carrying a vole it took to the cedar and ate.  They'll be posted to the CT Audubon Blog shortly..  enjoy..  Frank Gallo