[CT Birds] Milford Point Terns & shorebirds

peeplo at aol.com peeplo at aol.com
Thu Aug 12 13:30:13 EDT 2010

Hi All, At High Tide (12:30 ish), Chris Elphick, Charlie Barnard, Larry Baucher (sp?), my summer camp group, and I counted 1350 Common Terns (blame Chris), 2 Forster's Terns (1 adult, 1 very young juv.), 1 Roseate Tern (adult), 1 Black Tern (adult), 2 Willets (1 Eastern, 1 Western (young?), 1 Spotted Sandpiper, 1 Long-billed Dowitcher, 12+ Short-billed Dowitchers, a few Laughing Gulls, and lots of the regular assortment of shorebirds.  Frank Gallo