[CT Birds] Radar results at Lighthouse

Dana Campbell dana.l.campbell at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 15:08:41 EDT 2010

8/12 - I spent two plus hours at the Lighthouse this morning from 7 am and
saw only one migrating raptor (a Northern Harrier) but also counted around
175 Red-winged blackbirds in various sized flocks that flew over noisily.
Also some Cedar Waxwings in small groups.  No birds in the woods, though.
Several Kildeer flew over, but I did not see them cross the water.  A couple
of local Osprey were hunting around.  Pretty quiet.  But the wind was
easterly.

--
Dana Campbell, Priest in Charge
Church of the Good Shepherd, Hartford
dana.l.campbell at gmail.com

"The hummingbird in flight is a water-spark, an incandescent drop of
American fire, the jungle's flaming re'sume', a heavenly, precise rainbow:
the hummingbird is an arc, a golden thread, a green bonfire!"
--from Ode to the Hummingbird
  by Pablo Neruda