[CT Birds] Radar results at Lighthouse

Dana Campbell dana.l.campbell at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 15:08:41 EDT 2010

8/12 - I spent two plus hours at the Lighthouse this morning from 7 am and
saw only one migrating raptor (a Northern Harrier) but also counted around
175 Red-winged blackbirds in various sized flocks that flew over noisily.
Also some Cedar Waxwings in small groups.  No birds in the woods, though.
Several Kildeer flew over, but I did not see them cross the water.  A couple
of local Osprey were hunting around.  Pretty quiet.  But the wind was

Dana Campbell, Priest in Charge
Church of the Good Shepherd, Hartford
dana.l.campbell at gmail.com

"The hummingbird in flight is a water-spark, an incandescent drop of
American fire, the jungle's flaming re'sume', a heavenly, precise rainbow:
the hummingbird is an arc, a golden thread, a green bonfire!"
--from Ode to the Hummingbird
  by Pablo Neruda