[CT Birds] Kite, Tonight

Scott Kruitbosch kbosch at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 15:19:10 EDT 2010

Andy and all,

I will be at Stratford Point tonight, as I am every night, keeping the gate
open. There is usually a crowd there waiting. At Stratford Point we can see
the entire mouth of the Housatonic River. I amazed people last night by
seeing the kite in a cedar at Milford Point from Stratford Point about 1.25
miles away with only my bins. This is typical and it isn't amazing because I
know the kite nearly better than it knows itself. We always have a good idea
of what is going on. I know the behavior and where to look. The only thing
that can go wrong is it having unlikely success hunting in the beach and
marsh at Milford Point, or a Peregrine chasing it away from Stratford.

The kite is very likely in Milford now, and probably will be there until
around 6PM. Bear in mind nothing is set in stone, but there are discernible
patterns when you spend hours with it each day.

Scott Kruitbosch

--
Scott Kruitbosch
Stratford, CT