[CT Birds] pos early movements

Carrier Graphics carriergraphics at sbcglobal.net
Fri Aug 13 12:55:50 EDT 2010

This noon I had some migrant Warblers feeding together in yard, esp in my red
cedar trees.

2 Im Magnolia, 1 Im Chestnut, 1 Imredstart and 1 I believe Nashville. Also two
Red-b-Nuthatches and several Tanagers and 1 Epid Flycatcher.

This might be a sign of early movement, yes? Do you think the early spring (at
least two weeks early here at 1,000 feet) might make for an early departure of
neo tropical birds?

Also much signs of early staging. Grackles as usual all over, and i counted over
100+ Chipping sparrows staging along the road of Bakersville swamp.

Also much Buteo action around here, with young Red-tails, Red shoulders and BWs
all calling from above and in the woods below. Might they just move early this
fall as well?

Here's for a good fall migration this year in CT!

Paul Carrier