[CT Birds] WT Kite departs 702

Scott Kruitbosch kbosch at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 19:31:56 EDT 2010

The White-tailed Kite, for the first night ever, left Stratford Point after
hunting for about 30 minutes but *not* catching prey. The crowd was not as
big as we have had, everyone kept away enough from it, no one was on the
perimeter of the site, and the hunt was normal for a long but not unusual
amount of time. There were more gulls than usual bothering it while it
hunted, and that is the only thing I could point to for it leaving without
having eaten. I followed it and it flew off exceptionally far up the
Housatonic, possibly even nearing the Shakespeare Theatre area. I hope that
it will be able to hunt with even more ease than usual tomorrow morning
after missing a nightly meal.

--
Scott Kruitbosch
Stratford, CT