[CT Birds] Swallow locations

jayne.amico at cox.net jayne.amico at cox.net
Thu Aug 19 12:33:32 EDT 2010

 CT Birders -

I currently have a cliff and northern rough wing that I would really like to release this fall. The cliff is ready, the rough wing is still molting horrible feathers.

I know of the collection of the tree swallows in Old Lyme at the mouth of CT river but am wondering if anyone knows where Cliffs can be found this time of year? The rough wing may not be ready until mid September and I am hoping that I can still release this bird somewhere if at all possible instead of over wintering.

If anyone knows of areas where these birds can be found in the fall or where there are other good swallow locations, I would so appreciate the input.

Jayne Amico
Southington, CT