[CT Birds] Puff of feathers-bird all gone

Katz1449 at aol.com Katz1449 at aol.com
Thu Aug 19 15:32:55 EDT 2010

8/19  Orange yard
I have been enjoying watching the hummingbirds from my kitchen window,use
my new feeder which I put out, since my bee balm is pretty much expired.
I left the window to check something on the stove and turned around,
and there is a puff of whitish gray feathers floating in the air and not
bird in sight.  I looked under the feeders and there are many grayish
white feathers (probably a mourning dove) on the ground as well.  No sight  of
the villain.  So in a matter of a few seconds a disappearing magic  act-with
the victim, likely a mourning dove   :(
I guess it was meal time.
Bev Propen, Orange