[CT Birds] insects and birds

Carrier Graphics carriergraphics at sbcglobal.net
Fri Aug 20 13:13:42 EDT 2010

I think Barbara's question is a real good one.

I also have noticed such an absence of insects this year, and it seems to be
across the board. The vegy garden has much less leaf bits and holes,(I have an
organic garden) and in the wild insects are noticably down. I believe the lack
of rain during early summer and now in August might be part of the cause.

So with the fall migration about to begin very soon, will there be enough food
for the insect birds to eat?
I guess we will soon find out.

Paul Carrier